Strategy, policy and business analysis
Peter brings Nordicity’s growing suite of services to potential customers, speaking to the full range of our extensive practice. He helps spot and nurture new areas of potential growth and value to clients. As an internationally recognized expert, he touches all aspects of policy development and assessment, economic analysis and innovation, and business strategy and governance in the digital and traditional media, cultural, and communications sectors.
Peter co-founded the firm in 1979. He guided Nordicity’s merger with PricewaterhouseCoopers in 1998, and was made national lead partner for the Information Communications and Entertainment/Media practice. He then led Nordicity’s re-emergence as a standalone firm in 2002. Over the decades, he has found new ways to drive the business and help companies, cultural institutions, industry associations and government agencies adapt more effectively to new paradigms like the digital economy.
Peter is a media commenter and frequent panelist or chair at professional conferences. He is active in the arts and social justice community, serving as chair of the board for the Inspirit Foundation, governance chair of Canadian Stage in Toronto, and advisory board member for Caribbean Tales. He is an adjunct professor at Schulich Business School at York University, and is fluently bilingual in English and French.
- B.A., McGill University
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- Inspirit Foundation, Chairman of the Board
- Canadian Stage, member of the executive committee
- Caribbean Tales, member of the advisory committee
- Cities of Toronto and Vaughan, member of the advisory committees for Smart Cities.
- Various roles on boards of high-tech firms, TV broadcasters, and not-for-profit arts, education, political and social-service organizations